Friday, August 22, 2008

Bike theft etiquette


Five years ago, when I had my bike pilfered on Queen street (Toronto) I knew exactly where to go to get it back: Igor's Bicycle clinic. I correctly assumed the crackhead made a beeline to one of Igor's 10 garages. I paid a hefty $40 fee and retrieved it. Igor was loved and hated in the neighbourhood. Yes, he did buy stolen bikes; but he also fixed your bikes at no cost. The eccentric Slavic Robin Hood was famous for his appetite for bikes and food. I still laugh to myself remembering the horror expression stamped on the "all-you-can-eat" Chinese restaurant owner every time we walked in.

We're gonna miss the philosopher bike theft king, finally nailed by cops, who waited 20 years to get him--although they knew of his activities.

http://www.nytimes.com

1 comment:

Isa said...

Oi Léo
gostei do blog, mas não entendí muitas palavras.. Foi você que filmou os reptilianos?
Aguardo notícias por email
Beijos,
Basie